Pages

Jan 6, 2011

Putting my money where my daydreams are... so to speak...

I have always loved to create things.  Since my very first art class as a youngster, I have been drawn (no pun intended...har har!) to all things artistic.  I would much rather give (and receive, for that matter) gifts that are handmade.  Now, don't get me wrong... I love a good store-bought item (currently I am drooling over these boots) as much as the next girl... it's just that, in my heart of hearts, I love to create.

I am most at peace in spaces that I have created myself... and I have lots of ideas on how to do just exactly that.  My daydreaming moments are spent re-imagining all the nooks and crannies of my house, and my free time is spent surfing crafting and design blogs.  I have made my husband help me re-arrange the rooms in our house so many times, I can detect a shiver up his spine when I start a sentence with "Hey honey, I was thinking...".

The trick, the challenge, and in my idea the fun of it all, is figuring out how to do these projects for pennies on the dollar.  I get a thrill out of creating beautiful things from what others might consider to be junk.  "One man's trash is another man's treasure", as they say.

So I hope to use this blog to bring "A Pinch of Creativity" to anyone who happens to stumble upon it.   I'll tackle everything from Home Decor to Paper Crafts to Kids Clothes (and if I get really brave, maybe even clothing for myself!**).  So come along for the ride... I am learning as I go, so I promise it will be an adventure!

**(I just got a sewing machine for Christmas, so I am looking forward to becoming a self-taught seamstress... we shall see!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment